NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Even the clouds can't stop me....

I haven't been able to get any decent pics for ages which has been frustrating having got into guiding and upgrading my mount in April (which feels like about 40 years ago now). But I did manage to get a quick picture while I was in the Lakes a couple of weeks back from our balcony. Its not great, I was shooting blind with just the camera and tripod but, as per a recent thread "Where does it start", here is an astro image that is looking both up...and down....sort of..

(Those are stars in the sky, it isn't just dust on your monitor!)

Just a single 20 second shot, tweaked everso slightly in PS to bring the stars out a bit more

Going back in October, so hoping for some clearer skies.....

post-35662-0-71153100-1440089284_thumb.j

Its AP in my book looks an  ideal location for a camera on a star adventurer to me.

Alan

Yeah, it was a nice location, and pretty dark in the evening considering the number of apartments and boats around. Was going to take the EQ3-2, but were only there for 4 nights and the weather forecast was rubbish....might stick the the camera/tripoed when we go back - am in the process of buying a modified DSLR, so that will come with me!

Archived