NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New bits and 3h30m of Pelican

Happy to say that all has come together the last two days!

Got my new SW field flattener and 2" LP filter, and had two consecutive nights of clear skies. Summer is also loosening it's grip on the sky, and long exposure imaging can be done from ~23:45 - ~02.45.

Pointed my scope on the Pelican nebula and got 21 x 10min subs in two nights.

The FF seams to work well, although there are some misshaped stars in about 5% of the image edge. Happy to see even those are a lot less misshaped than before the FF.

Image specs

Iso 400

7 x 10 min light

3 x dark

20 flat + bias

Iso 800

14 x 10 min light

5 x dark

20 flat + bias

Might have stretched it a little too much, but my first prosess of an image always gets redone...

post-42115-0-46081400-1439572568_thumb.p

Let me know what you think. Prosessing tips always welcome :)

Mag.

I think i'm starting to manage not overprosessing my images.

Worreing about star align an pa, seams to be a thing of the past. This time i also managed to get pereodic error correction calibrated just before it was time to start imageing :)

A quick question.

Is it normal for field flatteners to create reversed vignetting?

I stretched a master flat form the equinox without the ff and a new one from two nights ago, and it looks like the vignetting has moved to the middle of the corners.

This is without ff, and shows most of the vignetting in the corners. Looks like my lightsource is a bit brighter in the top of the image, but otherwise it's darker in the corners.

post-42115-0-88080800-1439635706_thumb.p

And with the ff, the vignetting seams to be consentrated in the middle of the left and right edges.

post-42115-0-62161500-1439635724_thumb.p

cannot see any ill effects of this in the image, just wondering if this is normal for field flatteners. "Often hear about spacing being important, or is that mostly with coma corr?"

Archived