Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Quick Milky Way from northern Spain

pixueto

I am spending a few days in northern Spain and I brought the Ioptron Skyguider, the canon 100D full spectrum & Astronomik CCD clip in filter an the 24mm Rokinon lens. Well, the weather here is horrible now and it looks like November rather than August but I managed to get my first Milky Way shot last week. That´s a 2 minutes sub at ISO 800. No darks, bias or flat frames. Very little processing; just a gentle stretch and colour adjustment. I am surprised that the Lagoon Nebula is already overexposed but I have no experience whatsoever with this kind of target. There is a town (Aviles) 20 miles to the southeast so lots of light coming from there. I can´t complain, though as the sky is much darker here than in London -I can actually see the Milky Way. I want to go and find a dark site in the hills during the next clear night but I am having second thoughts as there are wolves there!

post-18331-0-56057000-1439521256_thumb.j

Thank you very much for your kind comments. Unfortunately, even thogh the site was darker than my usual location, there was a fair amount of light pollution as it can be seen in this image. There is some light distortion asouth of Antares too. I might go and find a dark site somewhere around those hills if the weather improves. The other photo is from a stack on 7 lights with dark frames and bias calibration thus the blurred background.

post-18331-0-12676100-1439561471_thumb.j

post-18331-0-46325700-1439561751_thumb.j

Archived