Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best night so far :)

Last night was awesome from my light polluted garden.about 11 pm its was the darkest i have ever seen from my garden thousands of stars visible with the naked eye so got my little 130p out and started observing first up saturn which is quite low but still a fantastic sight next m13 my favorite glob and for the first time with averted vision i could actually resolve a few of the outer stars i was so chuffed :) .so now i was buzzing and decided to find some other globs with the help of stellarium on my pc with night mode on.my pc is about 4 foot from my back door so easy to come in have a look then back out to find what i wanted to look at.i was still on m13 so m92 just above was my first target got it first try another lovely smudge but averted vision made the image brighter in the core(i like this averted vision).i wont bore you with every detail but i found m3,m14,summer beehive cluster,by now i was so excited i thought right now for my first nebula got my red dot finder in the middle of the 2 stars in lyra where m57 lurks apparently and BINGO there it was a gorgeous smoke ring.this hobby has got me well and trully hooked now just cant wait till after christmas for my new dob :)

Sounds like a great night.

When you have a good night you just can'r wait for the next one.

The ISS is a great sight, I observed it Sunday night, it was the brightest I've ever seen it. 

Good luck with the move, and here's to more great nights under the stars.

Archived