Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wild Duck Cluster - I finally get it!

Stu

I had a little peek at M11 with my little 80mm Frac from home. The "V" was unequivocally there (with a bit of squinting).

With the 10" there were stars everywhere. No sign of the V but who cares. What a great target!

Stu - you must have a little Frac or two kicking around to give it a try????

Paul

Paul, I think there are a few down the back of the settee. They have a habit of multiplying!! :)

Had more lovely views of this with the Tak 100 and Edge 8" down in Devon last week. Really lovely object, V was very clear now I know what I'm looking for!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Howdy all;

Here is an observation of this favorite with a 6 inch refractor at the Table Mountain Star Party in the state of Washington.

M 11 6" f/8 refractor TMSP S+T=5/10  8.8mm eyepiece it is bright, large, much compressed, rich, 77 stars counted with direct vision, magnitudes 9 and fainter.  Averted vision shows another 50 stars or so and makes the cluster larger.  A prominent dark lane cuts off one side.  This cluster is extremely well detached from the Milky Way stars.

Clear skies;

Steve Coe

Here is a shot of M 11 with a 200 mm lens.  Certainly a rich field with that telephoto lens.

post-1741-0-28330100-1442062801.jpg

Archived