NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TeleVue 10.5mm Plossl

Hi Paul,

I've owned a couple of those. Very nice, sharp and well made plossls. Tele Vue switched to the current 11mm quite a few years back now but the older "smoothies" as they are known, are still very well regarded. I could not see any performance differences between the older and the newer versions. At one time I had a mixed set of both types !.

There were actually 2 generations of the smooth types which started production way back in 1979. Exactly when the current design came on stream I don't know exactly - possibly around 7 or 8 years back ?

Some folks prefer the older design because it lacks the rather stiff rubber eye cup of the more recent ones.

Hi

I had a 10.5 they are very nice plossls from around the 1980's i think - smooth barrel. Not sure when the newer versions came out, but the old versions are fine. Still have a 13mm  which i use often.

andrew

Hi John

Im still enjoying the Plossls i bought from you a couple of months back

Also on your advise i ended up buying the 3-6mm Nagle zoom

Im waiting on the postman bringing me a 10.5mm over the weekend 

Not that the weathers anygood 

Paul

Hi John

Yes indeed i have

I noticed a huge difference in TV's and my Starguiders i recently had which i have now sold

Although the FOV is smaller, which doesnt really bother me for planetary viewing

Paul

Archived