NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

130p and a lazy susan

Ju Piter

hi again so i got my lazy susan bearing today for my heritage 130p.i have not screwed it in to the bottom or top plate it just fits perfectly between the existing telfon pads as seen in the photo.this mod is a must for 130p owners it is so smooth now with no jerky movements and with my golf ball controll handle is a real joy to use.no need to buy a new bolt as the existing one is just long enough(without the top washer)to tighten the locking nut enough so it does not uncrew with motion.hope this helps some of you that find it hard to nudge the 130p as it realy is quite sticky.and this is a simple mod anyone can do and for only just under £7 it has made a huge difference :)

post-44467-0-26900800-1434536036_thumb.j

cool mod mate,whats next? thanks for sharing.

thank you chaos.well next is the only real problem with the 130p and that is the focuser.i no longer collapse the tube as is it small enough to leave extended and store.so i was thinking about trying to make a bracket to fit to the 2 extention rods with a metal plate to attach a new focuser :)

that sounds good,im saving up my cash to upgrade my focuser on my 200p hopefully before the nights get dark.

what one are you thinking of getting.i am going to get the moonlite focuser then if it works on my 130p i will swap it with the one on the 250px i am getting after chrismas :)

yer im looking at moonlight too with 10-1 micro ajuster it will be October before i can get the money together"wife just had new car and ive had new tv so funds are low at moment" but october will be here before i know it.

£7 is pretty cheap for your lazy Susan.

I had been looking at non rotating helical focusers, keeping it simple for a no mess telescope

hi mate i never even thought of that could you link me to what you have been looking at

Some thing like this as a fine adjuster after course adjustment, need to consider thread size compatibility.

http://www.365astronomy.com/1.25-Non-rotating-Helical-Micro-Focuser-with-T-thread-and-0.05mm-Scale.html

how would that connect to a 130p would you need a threaded adapter with a 1.25 nosepiece then just put it in the focuser like an eyepiece ?

Archived