Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Plan 'B'

Hi all:

I haven't had much luck imaging Saturn lately.  I'm using a 9.25 sct and asi 120mm cam with filters.  It's a great camera and all, but seems like the seeing has not been great to say the least.  Plan 'B' is to try the DBK 21 again, so that I only have one (perhaps?) not so great  avi run instead of three to contend with....will try it anyway!

Cheers

Roger

How many use a mono camera with planets?

It seems to be something I actually assume is not common since mostly it seems to be stacking the frames from a single avi, not exactly sure how well a stack of 3 different avi's would come out.

Guess you have about 4 to 6 weeks before snow comes into it. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

How many use a mono camera with planets?

It seems to be something I actually assume is not common since mostly it seems to be stacking the frames from a single avi, not exactly sure how well a stack of 3 different avi's would come out.

I think you might find that a lot of people do RGB planetary imaging. OSC is quicker / simpler but the ones who persevere certainly get results

I think you might find that a lot of people do RGB planetary imaging. OSC is quicker / simpler but the ones who persevere certainly get results

Just something that I was not familiar with, or reading of.

Any suggestions for NC to try for whatever the problems he is experiencing ??

Archived