Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New DSLR

recceranger

I'm replacing my current D3000 with an upgrade and was looking at the D5300. Was wondering if anyone uses one and had a review

My preference is to stay with Nikon as I'm familiar with the set up. Additionally, it's for daytime routine use

Pity that you have had zero replies as there are Nikon users on here, but may be not so much in AP, as you state for daytime use, probably the best place would be in the Photography section, where not just pictures are discussed, but how, and with what to get them.

Rich...

Rich,

Many thanks for replying to OP. I didn't really articulate it well but my primary use is AP using my SW ED80 set up.

The comments regarding daytime use means I don't really want a modified DSLR purely assigned to AP as they are a little expensive. So I would like to take it out and about when occasion permits.

I'm of to Florida in September and when there I'm picking up a Rokinon 14mm ED Lens to do a little wide field work.

Rick

I only have experience with the D7000, the D5100 (same sensor as D7000) and the D600

Of course they are all different, but I recommend them all. Think of particular requirements you might have for the body. For me it is important that I can do timelapses for instance. With the battery life of the D5100 that is not a suitable candidate, but the d7000 is perfect for that.

Behind the scope the D5100 is as good as the D7000. I do miss the extra controls during daytime photography, so I don't use the D5100 for that.

etc. etc.

Find out what's important to you personally! 

Archived