Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Blaenavon Observing Meet - June 12 / 13th ?

L8-Nite

Our revised June Observing Meet is now scheduled for Friday June 12th or Saturday the 13th as an alternate if the weather is uncooperative.

If you have not attended one of the informal observing meets before, the Blaenavon site is located next to the radio towers northeast of town at the paved " Fox Hunter " car park.

The site coordinates are .......  51*  47'  25.74"  N  by  3*  4'  10.74"  W

Check this thread in the afternoon, on the day, for an update to see if the Meet is a " GO " or a " NO - GO " with regards to the weather.

Hopefully, clear skies for us all.

Hi Mike,

Hope you are well and nice to see you back in the uk.

If you're interested it would be nice to meet up/organise some lunar sessions over the summer months. The skies don't get properly dark so I quite like to do some lunar work which can be started and finished at a reasonable hour whilst its still semi light. I find its a good way to carry on observing until the dark nights return in the autumn.

Cheers.

Hi Mike,

Hope you are well and nice to see you back in the uk.

If you're interested it would be nice to meet up/organise some lunar sessions over the summer months. The skies don't get properly dark so I quite like to do some lunar work which can be started and finished at a reasonable hour whilst its still semi light. I find its a good way to carry on observing until the dark nights return in the autumn.

Cheers.

Hi David,

Thanks, all is well and Dorothy & I seem to finally be over the jetlag. 

A lunar session sounds interesting.  Here are a couple of related websites with current information that can be helpful.

www.timeanddate.com/moon/uk/cardiff

www.moonconnection.com

The consensus of weather forecasts are for poor conditions and heavy cloud cover tonight. 

Going to make it an early call, ............. sadly, it's a " NO - GO " once again for our Observing Meet this month.

Hope everyone has a good weekend pursuing other interests.

Cheers.

Archived