Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Laptop Sun Shade / Cover

1parsec

I've been using a tatty cardboard box for a laptop screen for use while solar imaging and wanted to do a better job.

There have been a few threads of people using plastic Correx board to make one which is what I've just done.

I bought a 8' x 4' sheet from http://www.the-aluminium-shop.co.uk/correx-sheet

The sheet is usually supplied rolled so it will be necessary to un-pack and leave to flatten over night or in the sun to warm up for approx 1 hour.

The attached .pdf drawing shows the design and will hopefullyl be of use to others as it is, or adapted to suit their set up.

I've made the sides overlap so that the height of the front can be adjusted up & down to suit.

SunScreen.pdf

This is the nearly finished screen. I just have to find a couple of plastic bolts or other snap fixing to hold the screen together in use.

Dave.

post-30719-0-19840400-1433153459.jpg

I've been thinking of doing something like this for my solar imaging and to keep the dew off the laptop when imaging at night. Your project looks just the thing! Will definitely have a go at making one of these. I like that it can be disassembled for storage too.

Thanks for sharing. :grin:

Archived