Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hmmm...What to buy next?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They arn,t a finder ep as such but when looking at open clusters or double clusters you can get a lot of detail with the wider field of view for instance I can look at Cassiopeia for hours absorbing all the clusters around in that area and often or not you will see smudge and think what,s that so then increase power.Andromeda is big so you won,t appreciate it so much with a high power ep.A lot of people on here own the "holy hand grenade " the 31mm t5 nagler you don,t think they spent over £400 just to use it as a finder ep.

Currently I only use my low mag as a finder, I'm scared that I'm gonna spend £80+ on finder eyepiece

What kind of objects interest you? Maybe we should clarify this before you spend your money. E.g. if you mostly view planets then maybe it wouldn't be the best buy. If you like a bit of everything then it's definately worth having one in your collection in my opinion :)

Mostly DSO- nebulae and globular clusters, although I do know some will be too faint in my light polluted skies. That's also the reason I haven't really looked for galaxies.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting till someone buys my old train set off ebay, but now I have managed to get an NPL for free so I guess that will push the maxvision a bit further back on my to buy list. If it does sell for my asked price I will have £130. So my priority will probably be an OIII and an EP case. If I have enough money left I might still get a maxvision, if not I will wait till my birthday and ask my parents to contribute a bit and use the rest of the money on another astro thing :D

Archived