NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Auto Guide cable supplied with scope doesn't fit port?

I'd like to try controlling my 6SE with Stellarium on a laptop. When I initially unpacked my scope I didn't give much thought to the serial->RJ10 cable (at least I think it's RJ10) that came with it. Today however I finally received the USB->serial adapter I'd ordered, and wanted to give the whole assembly a try.

Problem: When I plug the RJ10 cable into the Auto Guide port, it doesn't seem to fit properly. The plug is too small, and will sit either canted to one side ot the other, but it's impossible to get it to "click" when inserted straight in the port. The port actually has 6 conductors as opposed to the 4 found on the cable. See the attached images of what I mean. Bear in mind, this is the cable that came with the scope, not something I ordered from Amazon or something.

post-44215-0-73143400-1432303126.jpgpost-44215-0-01818400-1432303128.jpgpost-44215-0-56670700-1432303129.jpg

That sounds like the ST4 guide port you are trying to force the RJ10 data cable into. Not a good idea if you don't want to trash your mount!

Look on the handset if there is a port to connect to there.

I assume the handset plugs into the port marked Aux?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look on the handset if there is a port to connect to there.

There it is!

I guess I should invest some time reading my scope's manual ... might avoid these kinds of highly avoidable problems.

Well at least you didn't manage to force it in and turn it on, could have fried something [emoji50]

I can see why they use different size connectors [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived