Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astronomers in Argyll?

Anne M

Hi. Anne,

I can't help you as far as astronomy clubs in Argyll, but if you have a friend who shares your interest in astronomy, you could consider attending a star party. If there are non scheduled around your area, you could consider getting to the one in North Yorkshire in August.

Anyone will tell you that these are wonderful events, and you get to meet astronomers from all over the UK, and even further afield.

There are some great telescopes to see and look theough. People are only too happy to allow others use of their scopes.

The August event is in the Dalby Forest which is part of the N Yorks National Park, a really beautiful place, with much to see and do during the day. You can camp in a tent, or caravan depending what you have.

You would have a great time, and you will love it. If you like Mountain Biking, they have some great routes laid out there.

If you need any Info. just ask.

Ron. :(

• 1 month later...

I don't know of any clubs specifically in Argyll. Depends really where you are exactly and how far you want to travel.

I know theres a Helensburgh AS but not sure how active they are. Last time I mailed them it was a few weeks before I got a response.

Some of our members are from the Glasgow area and we travel about an hour to observing sites regularly. Now an hour + NW from Glasgow would encompass some of Argyll and if there was a decent site we could use I'm sure some of us would be interested in the jaunt for dark skies.

What area are you in?

Cheers

Paul

Archived