Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

skywatcher star adventurer (polar scope)

Does anyone have the star adventurer from skywatcher? And the unusual polar scope with the clock face kind of reticle?

My polar scope for my eq3-2 has the same one and skywatcher say it can be used in both hemisphere's... Just wanted opinions on how accurate this polar scope can be with polar alignment.

Thanks.

Jason.

P.s see photo.

post-41658-0-76889700-1431952159_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

Just had one on my eq3-2.

I've put it in and centred it and can't see why it would be any different to my other "normal" one on my existing.

I'm going to set it to time/date of transit using the "zero o'clock" on the clock face and use the "zero o'clock" as what would be the circle on a normal scope.

I have also downloaded a polar finder app with various polar scope markings to help

• 1 month later...

I tend to use mine quite basically and use a polar app to see where on the circle Polaris needs to be and then using the very easy to use dec adjustment, see where straight up is and then simply place Polaris where it needs to be, so I don't use the clock face as such, just the circle itself. With my setup, I am not looking at long focal length imaging, so it is pretty fogiving for the 2 min exposure times I have been using.

Archived