NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

H-alpha 15th May: Sketch and Report

Qualia

After the rather hot and muggy day of yesterday, today brings with a more calming 30ºC+ and the seeing is excellent. This morning the Sun put on a spectacular display in both white light and H-alpha. What stood out are the very active regions snaking across the disc and the humongous prominences soaring and exploding all over the solar limb; surges, sprays and free floating fragments.

The sketch was made using chalks but no matter what I do, they still seem to come out blurry when passed over to SGL. Howeve, I find that if you actually click on the image the sketch improves quite a bit.

With a couple of months practice now, these H-alpha sketches are not nearly taking so long and within reason are completed from start to finish within 30 minutes.

post-21324-0-09430600-1431690031_thumb.j

Wow, you're not kidding that it improves when you click on it! :laugh:

The sun was so busy this morning in h-alpha, I had limited time and it was so busy I did not make it into the land of white light, bet that was a belter too. May tomorrow be sunny!

Thank you for the kind comments. I still need to work at this, for the original is a little lighter but when posting up it becomes a blur and when you click on it, the sketch comes out different again and darker. Regardless, you are all very kind for giving such support and little by little I will try to improve the presentation  :smiley: 

Archived