Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun Today

mog3768

First day of viewing for quite a while and what a lovely greeting.

Full of activity and the most lovely prom at 2 O'clock.

If you get the chance well worth a look.

The wife has spent more time at the scope than me.

I looked at the sun intermittently throughout the afternoon using the SolarMax 60mm and a couple of times with the Solar Spectrum/APM 80mm combo. Gorgeous proms on either side of the north pole. The westward one became quite faint, but the eastward one was superb. Beautiful action on the disk too

Nice report! The sun has been really good the past few weeks. Today I saw the big prom and thought, oh, it's lost a bit of weight, still impressive. Then I panned across and saw the actual big prom :grin:  And another half decent one, a bit fainter. What struck me this morning is that there was quite a lot of activity around some of the smaller spots too. Plenty going on in h-alpha. I started the morning thinking I would definitely image white light after starting in h-alpha but there were plenty of goodies on offer so I did not make the white light, alas. Hopefully tomorrow!

Yes like you Luke I thought I would get some viewing today but unfortunately the cloud cover

was to bad. Might miss out on a bit of viewing with Mrs at the scope, but guess I am lucky that she takes such an interest.

Michael it seems as if the sun is always shinning in Netherlands could you send some our way.

I am looking to buy a ccd camera for the sun any advice on a suitable candidate would be appreciated.

Have tried with my DSLR on the Lunt 60PT but just can not get the focus right

Archived