Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Senior moment sensor cleaning!

Hi all:

I finally got some PecPads, a few sensor swabs and a bottle of Eclipse to clean the elusive dust and smears on my ASI 120 mm sensor, or so I thought. I had done this before with Isopropyl alcohol and in low light I could not see anything dustlike on screen. However when I put in a 2x Barlow....there they were again.  Did the same with sensor swab and Eclipse....same thing...dustlike smudges when I hooked up 2x Barlow and viewed screen in low light.  I cleaned the sensor glass and the Barlow again...same thing....there they were.

As I scratched my head over this looking at the camera etc. I noticed another clear glass cover on the camera...(which I had not noticed before) after I removed the nosepiece.  Sure enough, after swabbing this with Eclipse all the dust and smudges were gone!  I'm good to go now ....except for the cloudy, rainy weather.  Seems like Eureka moments are becoming fewer as the senior moments increase.

Cheers

Roger :smiley:

Hi Roger, I've been having 'senior moments' for as long as I can recall, but back then I had no excuse....! Good that you sorted it.

I seem to remember that Lucian Kemble came from your area ? Kemble's Cascade is named after him, a favourite object of mine with binocs

or very low power in a wide field scope.

Best regards from the UK, Ed.

Hi Roger, I've been having 'senior moments' for as long as I can recall, but back then I had no excuse....! Good that you sorted it.

I seem to remember that Lucian Kemble came from your area ? Kemble's Cascade is named after him, a favourite object of mine with binocs

or very low power in a wide field scope.

Best regards from the UK, Ed.

Hi Ed:

Here's a link (hope it goes through) of Father Lucian Kemble's obituary....Regina is about 6 hours south of where we live.

Cheers

Roger

nph-iarticle_query.htm

Archived