Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

R/A Motor drive

Been lurking in the background for a while and recently bought a 150mm (Aperture) 1400mm (focal length) reflector on an equatorial mount from a popular auction site for £80. My question is (as I have no idea of what type of mount it is, other than an eq) what motor would I need to attach to it? I have seen numerous online but they all seem to attach to the metal part which attaches to the slow motion control cable. My mount doesn't have the bolt to hold the actual motor. On the opposite side is a gear for attaching some sort of motor, I just don't know what type. Please see pictures to help make sense of it.. Thanks in advance

post-44018-0-89919100-1430065157_thumb.j

post-44018-0-93343200-1430065255_thumb.j

If there is nowhere to attach a motor, it could be that it is a mount that cannot be motorized (although if there is a slow motion cable attachment, it might be possible for someone with far greater DIY skills than mine to suggest a way of turning it into one that can)

Thanks for the replies... Read through that thread and it looks very similar, skywatcher has 2 sorts of motors (from what I gather) one is the economy and attaches to slow motion control and other fits to said gear/clutch system and has a hand controller

Archived