NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 22/04 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

The seeing was very similar to yesterday's session and perhaps poorer on the blue channel, though red and green seemed to cut through ok.  The biggest problem was wind bouncing the big Europa newt around to the point I was struggling to focus and keep the image on screen at times.   Must get on and build this observatory :)

Anyhow, something at least from a shortened session - quick process on WinJupos derotated RGB image:

post-26731-0-38094900-1429740628.png

Very nice for so late on in the season. I've got some data from yesterday evening to go through and see if anything is postable :)

Really nice detail captured in the SEB-great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice for so late on in the season. I've got some data from yesterday evening to go through and see if anything is postable :)

Really nice detail captured in the SEB-great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers - I think my runs from last night were better, as the blue channels were much more solid - though the high pressure has definitely helped to get a few more runs in at the end of the season.

Look forward to seeing your captures from last night.

Thanks Steve, Pete and Leveye - almost time to move on to other targets, but nice to get some parting glimpses of Jove in recession.   Next opposition is 8th March 2016, with Jupiter reaching 44 deg from southern UK and about 43.5" size.

Archived