Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Revelation v Celestron Omni

Dom1961

I know I've asked quite a few threads on the Revelations, but just to clarify which would offer the best improvement over the stock 10mm and 25mm on my F/5.91 scope?

My Budget is quite tight and also the BSTs on ebay seem to be a very limited range, does this range change from time to time? And can you recommend any ep's for under £50

As said in other posts the Plossl eyepieces are fairly good but at the lower end of the eyepiece scale fast scopes will find them out. BST's are under 50 quid I believe and many people on here swear by them, search some of the many threads and have a read about them.

Going to 2 inch will in my view be asking for trouble as the price of acceptable eyepieces of this are by their very nature more costly.

I would still keep an eye out for secondhand items and remember with eyepieces most of the time you only get what you pay for. I would get used to the stock eyepieces first save and maybe add a BST to the collection as and when.

Alan.

Hi Dom, the BST Explorer and StarGuiders are exactly the same product, the name changed a short while back, they began life as Explorers but now they are branded StarGuiders.  They are also available under various brandings from other suppliers, mainly in Germany and the US.  The focal length choice covers most people's needs, but from time to time a new one is added, the last one being the 3.2mm, which for many will be too much magnification.  They are highly regarded by all who use them, including myself.

Archived