Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first shadow transit (April 7th)

strinjf

Having already achieved a first (for me) Venus,  I swung round to Jupiter and as I still had the mono camera + blue filter in, I took some video.  Pleased to see a shadow on the disc (another first for me), and then for laughs instead of doing the sensible thing and bunging on the colour camera, I dug out the red and green filters.  Much time between colours elapsed as I faffed around changing the filters manually (no filter wheel here !) so the resulting RGB composite image is not as clear as it could have been and of course the shadow and moons don't line up very well !!

16885597089_0b0aa949c5.jpgGanymede Shadow Transit of Jupiter by jonnostringer, on Flickr

It was fun though  :grin:

Well captured John. Great to see a shadow - particularly if you are not expecting one! :smiley: It is fun..... and addictive lol! Well done.

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived