Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

quasar ancient lights

nytecam

I get a buzz recording these extremely remote objects - last night the mag17.5 star-like QSO 1252+359 in CVn @ 2.7 BLY distance in 100s via my 30cm Meade SCT+Lodestar camera from LP London. Not pretty but mind-games. Used Megastar to locate and z value and Sloan DSS to confirm inset ;-)

post-21003-0-67126900-1428739281.jpg

Thanks LJ for your interest;-)

Hang on, I just reread that post- you picked it up in 100 seconds? Wow! So would increasing exposure time allow you to go deeper still? I'm not an imager so this is really interesting for me.

Hi Roy - my astro, with poor old eyes and poorer skies here in London, is "electronic assist" via large fast optics + super sensitive camera so in the brief exposures I use I get to "see" many objects in a short session. Been doing it this way for some years. My gallery @ http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/eyelode2.html

best

Nytecam

Archived