Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

best camera for all sky use

Horwig

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...

Can I add an update here, my Obsy has been off since last summer, and the ASC switched off. The only activity over winter was cleaning out the water from the obsy floor.

Been out today, booted up the ASC PC, and everything worked. The heating for the camera has also been off, but everything looks OK.

What a surprise, kit that works.

Huw

Just to prove it still works:

19-43-54-422.thumb.JPG.674b0a86f78a1d55b

If I'm going to be picky, focus has drifted over the six or so months the camera's been inactive, but I think I can live with that kind of drift.

Pixel peeping at the image, I can make out the Orion Nebula at about 12 o'clock, and it might be wishful thinking, but there's a small smudge where M31 ought to be.

Lets hope for clear skies when that pesky moon goes away.

Edit: I did spot the ISS pass earlier tonight, but wasn't quick enough to fire off a movie capture

Huw

Pretty good, that :)  Yes, Orion is clear as is Cassiopeia :)  I'll begetting back to mine soon.  It's indoors for fault-finding - the shutter control has stopped working.

Archived