Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Qhy9s ccd

Hi Martin,
I was interested in your comments as I have just taken delivery of a 2nd hand QHY9, older style,  that i believe has the optical window. I have also recently bought a2nd hand  SX 7 position FW with LRGB & NB filters.

i have never before used a CCD, previous camera for DSOs being a Canon 450D. I plan on using the CCD & FW with a SW 150P and a SW 0.9 CC.

The thing that seems to worry me at the moment is the order that you must adhere to when connecting / disconnecting the various cables to the QHY9.

Are there any "biggies" that i should be aware of?

Mine is connected all the time in the obs, but I do power it up 1st then fire up the comp, thus the USB and reverse the order at shut down.

From the QHY9 Instructions ........................

Cable connection sequence To help protect the camera from power surges or electrical spikes, we recommend the following sequence:

1) USB cable first, 9pin power cable second, 12V supply last. Or:

2) 9pin cable first, 12V supply, USB cable last.

Try and avoid the following methods of connection:

1) Anytime when the DC102 is powered (12V supply), avoid “Hot plugging” of the 9pin cable.

2) Connecting the USB cable while 9pin cable is connected without 12V supply on, computer may not find the camera.

Hi Martin,

I had read those instructions, thats what put the willies up me ;-/

Thanks for the reply

Sent from my Fone

What they are saying is plug everything in first then power it up then connect the driver.........NEVER hot plug the 9 pin plug!!!

Archived