Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Zoom lenes

Bugfly

I find the inexpensive 8 - 24mm Zoom EP's, offered from various outfits with a number of different brand-names, very good for situations where I don't want to carry lots of EP's with me.

Optically they are alright, though not wide-angle by any stretch. Hunt around. eBay often has quite a few to choose from.

Clear & Dark Skies,

Dave

post-38438-0-19945300-1428192883.jpg

I am looking fo a zoom lens any suggestion I got about 60.00 pounds to use thank you bugfly

Bugfly, which scope are you planning to use it in? Some of the cheaper zooms work ok in slower scopes (f10 ish), but are not good in faster ones such as f5.

I have the celestron 8-24 zoom pictured above and with a celestron 3x barlow it will offer fine viewing. I also have the Baader Planetarium Hyperion 8-24 zoom which costs considerably more. This with its accompanying barlow is my favorite eyepiece. I prefer it over the Meade 5mm 100 degree AFOV I recently purchased.

Archived