Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

low power EP for 127 skymax

I guess i know the answer to this before posting, but im bored so posting it any way  :grin:

I want to get as much use out of the 127 mak as poss, so i will need as low a power ep as possible, it only takes 1.25 ep`s, i had thought 40mm plossl, but you dont see any more field over a 32mm if i remember correctly, so in my humble budget that leaves 32mm plossl, but i have a 25mm BST at 60 degree field, would this show wider field than a 32mm plossl?

Hi Jules,

The BST will give you a degree of true field compared to the 1.1 degrees of the 32mm plossl. Not much in it. The 60 degree apparent field plus the additional magnification might sway things in favour of the BST if the widest possible field is not the highest priority.

24mm Maxvison SWA (or Panoptic if you're feeling rich) will give 1.09deg against the 1.1 of the 32mm Plossl, but a 24% larger AFOV and 62x magnification against 47x of the Plossl and a correspondingly darker background. 

Russell

Archived