NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

LRBG - one trick pony?

I was out last night - very excited since it was my first play with my newly acquired mak 150 - which as expected sat well on my eq5 pro.

I grabbed jupiter through my x2 and x3 barlows - it was nice and large on my laptop.

Using my QHY5-ii mono camera i got some cracking mono shots :)

Now - heres my question... Ive decided in the true spirit of things to buy some decent LRGB filters - but my concern is that since I'll be using my dslr for deep space that the filters will only be any good for Jupiter - its a lot of money £200 for one object.

Could the LRBGs be put to any other good use ie to justify the spend.

Sean,

I only used my coloured filters once and then sold them, some people seem to love them but there not for me :laugh: Maybe your cash would be better used for dedicated DSO filters, not that I ever got much joy with them either :smiley:

LRGB filter sets only work with mono CCD cameras. Or let me re-phrase that, although they'll *work* with a DSLR (If you can find a thin enough filter wheel) they won't show anything more than the bare camera.

You've a nice triplet apo there, put a filter wheel and CCD on it for DSOs.

Archived