NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

FLO Multi Finder Adapter

Mattscar

While browsing around the other day looking for a finder bracket for a right angled finder I have recently bought, I came across the Multi Finder Adapter on FLO. 

I'll admit, the thought of finally being able to buy something that would enable me to even slightly start upgrading my setup was quite a nice (and unfortunately, I suspect, addictive) thrill. I had been contemplating what to do with my old finder once the bracket for the 8x50 arrived and here the answer was laid out before me.

Took the usual less than a day to arrive I believe and does exactly as it says on the tin. It has space for three finder shoes, with the suggestions being 2 finders and a finder guider. It does add some more weight to the scope (obviously, its a great chunk of metal after all) but my mount doesn't seem that bothered by it at all. 

I've not worked out exactly the best positions for things to go yet, but what I have at the moment is the best I can see with where things will fit. It does mean the straight finder is slightly more to the other side of the scope than I would like, but Im only planning on using that one while slewing anyway so I can't see it being much of a problem. Hopefully it should mean I can get a tiny bit better accuracy when Im attempting to use my little xbox cam, but this remains to be seen.

Anyway, just wanted to basically show off my new toy and vent my excitement as, of course, its cloudy!

16930299495_aaa19c8d52_z.jpgIMG_2967 by A Drummers Space, on Flickr 

Thanks for the post. Mmm, it's making me think. I have three refractors that I use on both equatorial and altazimuth mounts and it would be extremely useful to be able to use a finder in different positions without rotating the tube or the focuser. I can feel a purchase coming on! Thanks again.

Archived