Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starlight Instruments HSM20 and Hand Controller

Unsure if this is in the right section, mids please feel free to move.

I was wondering if anyone has one of these and knows a UK based supplier?

From reading on Starlight Instruments website I am not clear as to whether the HSM20 will run with purely the hand controller (sold separately) or whether the Focuser boss 2 system is also required.

Any answers/thoughts on the HSM20 will be gratefully received, thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not 100% but fairly certain you would need the Focus Boss controller along with the handset.  I have an HSM20 and HSM30 but use them without a hand control, just the Focus Boss linked to the PC.  I think FLO might be able to source for you but it is also possible to buy direct from Starlight, as I did.  I personally really like the HSM20 as it can switch in a instant to manual mode for ad hoc viewing without any electronics.

Hope that helps,

Nick

I'm not 100% but fairly certain you would need the Focus Boss controller along with the handset.  I have an HSM20 and HSM30 but use them without a hand control, just the Focus Boss linked to the PC.  I think FLO might be able to source for you but it is also possible to buy direct from Starlight, as I did.  I personally really like the HSM20 as it can switch in a instant to manual mode for ad hoc viewing without any electronics.

Hope that helps,

Nick

Nick,

How does it switch to manual mode?

I have been looking at the HSM40 for my WO 132/feather touch setup. Almost decided on Optec as they are just a slight twist to uncouple from the focus drive to give manual focus.

Derek

It is the same unit as the Optec and I believe the SI HSM is developed by Optec. One quick turn and you are back to manual focussing with dual speed operation......

Hope that helps,

Nick

Yes thanks Nick. I found it on their web site.

In fact Feathertouch charge slightly more for the same rotator I have been looking at on the  Optec website. It is all down to transport costs now.

Derek

Archived