Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First image of jupiter

Purplehayze104

Hi All

had bit of a experimental sesh last nite thought id try a bit of planetary imaging for the first time so i aimed it at jupiter as was high overhead,

used the 150P with the mount tracking it, threw the QH5YL-II (mono) in a revelation 2.5x barlow and took a few short avi's

run them thru avistack2 with a few tweeks in registax 6 an hey presto came out better than i was expecting. any advice will be greatly received.

clear skies all

john.

post-31083-0-91588200-1427146411.jpg

Good start, well done. Usual advice is to spend time getting focus spot on, make sure scope is well cooled and collimation and get as many frames as possible in about 2 minutes. Try to balance keeping gain low but fps as high as possible , good luck

Excellent start John & good advice from Knobby :smiley: . The bug will begin to bite!!

Best regards,

ralph

Good start, well done. Usual advice is to spend time getting focus spot on, make sure scope is well cooled and collimation and get as many frames as possible in about 2 minutes. Try to balance keeping gain low but fps as high as possible , good luck

Thanks for that advise.

Gain low, but fps as high as possible.

I have been maxing out on gain,

but low exposure.

Steve

thanks for the advice guys much appreciated will hopefully get another go soon, worst thing for me is that the scope wobbles a bit as only got the eq3-2 seems on its limit with the 150 so trying to get focus can somewhat be a lil frustrating but i will keep at it.

clear skys all

regards john

Archived