Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best eyepieces for new Celestron 9.25" SCT

Very honest YKSE! Well if there's not much difference to the 10mm Hyperion, then I'm going with the Zoom.

I think I might have preferred the ES82s slightly, but it seems like 10mm is the ideal Focal length for the C925 and the ES82s don't come in that size. Plus, 2 of those would cost more.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've used the zoom in all my scopes (PST included), f7.5 to f10, fairly slow ones, i.e, I can't say there're any edge issues related to the zoom. In PST, I don't view the sun in the edge, 80ED has some field curvature of its short focal length, my standard C8 has its own mixture of coma/field curvature because of the simpler design, I believe C9.25 is a of different design and much better corrected standard SCT.

Nice 1 Fish - I've got 2 of the zooms which I use in the binoviewer, was out last night on Jupiter and the detail, even though the seeing wasn't the best, was very nice - the NEB was nearly split "in two", but the seeing sort of went downhill from there - then the clouds rolled in - but nice all the same.

The Zoom is a very nice piece of equipment - especially at F10 - you won't be dissapointed.

Paul.

Archived