Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGLX - Have Fun! :-)

Grant

Hello campers :D

Some people start arriving tomorrow/Monday so I wanted to post this last minute note up.

There have been a number of pitch changes in the last week because of changes that Lucksall have requested. Anybody who has been moved should already have been PMed by me so none of these changes should be a surprise but please find attached the final version of the pitch plan.

When you arrive you MUST check in with Lucksall. They will advise any other pitch changes and will also hand out a welcome pack that is specific to YOU. It should be named with your real name and SGL user name.

In the welcome pack will be:

-Welcome Notes

-Sky Guide (kindly produced by Ant)

-Directions to Madley for the solar eclipse (kindly produced by Mark)

-Tent Tag & Elastic bands to attach it to your tent

-Name badges plus any extra name badges you requested

-Hog roast tickets

If there is anything missing from your welcome pack, e.g. you were expecting hog roast tickets that aren't there or, you have anything extra please let Daz know.

The tea tent and welcome tent should be setup by the time most of you arrive. This is where any updates/news will be posted and where the bring and buy sale will be held on the Saturday morning.

Lastly, I would like to apologise to everybody attending SGLX this year. It is our 10th anniversary and we had hoped to make it a spectacular but some of our plans haven't quite come to fruition this time. Partly, the solar eclipse on the Friday has distracted our attention but also due to personal circumstances I won't be able to make it so will not be physically there to assist and organise with some of the extra events we had intended to put on - my wife is pregnant and due on the Tuesday following SGLX so because of how far Lucksall is from me, being there wasn't an option this time.

We hope to make amends next year with additional activities planned for SGLXI and all being well, I will get to be there physically rather than virtually :D

Clear skies to you all and have a fantastic time!

Cheers,

Grant

SGLX_Pitch_Allocations_FINAL.pdf

Grant,

I've only just read this. First of all, good luck with the impending arrival - the stars can wait but this event just isn't moveable :wink:

Thank you for the very efficient and successful organising, which is particularly impressive given that you cannot be here to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Hopefully we will meet at SGL XI :grin:

Derek

Archived