Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is there a Difference

Vince1963

Thank you John..Very much appreciated.. this is just a bit of research from the follow up from my previous post regarding Orhto's. I will still keep my BST's for there wider views, but will look at  replacing them one by one for the telvue delos 72 degree.. Nagler a bit out of my price range i think. I've heard good things about explorer scientific 82 degree EPs for around £120 to £170. you any experience with those John?.

Many thanks

Vince

I have written a good few reviews using Meade SWA and Meade UWA and one Ex Sc 4.7mm UWA, considered to be the same elements in different dresses,  all were compared with various TeleVue eyepieces or Pentax XW's. I have also posted my thoughts and some a fairly long pieces of research on a few Delos eyepieces, all can be found by searching the Members equipment review pages.

If you have any questions on a specific eyepiece and I have knowledge of this I would be happy to offer my thoughts.

BTW I like Barton, are the pubs still there the Sloup or something like that and the Coach and horses

Alan

..... I've heard good things about explorer scientific 82 degree EPs for around £120 to £170. you any experience with those John?.

Vince

I'm afraid not Vince. ES broke through a bit late for me. My personal eyepiece "journey" has been mostly Tele Vue based moving from Naglers to the Ethos range plus a couple of Pentax XW's. I'm a bit of an "ultra wide" junkie at heart although I still use orthos and plossls too.

The ES 68's and 82's get pretty decent reports though.

Thanks very much Alan for that, You don't say whether you used to  live there before moving to Bulgaria?. Both Pubs are still there, But i don't frequent them now a days I used to go in the Coach and horses the most, but not in 20 years lol..

Somewhat off topic but I used the Coach and the Sloup for about 3 years back in the 80's after the bridge opened, i lived in Hull.

A few pints of that Bass bitter and you would need some quality eyepieces to see anything though a telescope, nice place though I was last there about 6 years ago cycled over can you believe, couldn't walk for a few days, well not properly.

Back on eyepieces, there is some good secondhand stuff to had on the Astro B6S site and on the classified from time to time. All of the ones you have been talking about come up.

Alan

Thanks John, The more i research the more confusing it gets lol, especially with the money involved :smiley:

In many ways eyepiece selection is almost more complex than choosing a scope. It's quite hard to predict what will work well for someone else  :undecided:

Thats why I've tended to buy from the used market - if it did not suit I could usually sell it on with little or no loss.

Read your review John, I may get the 18mm BCO, and look on Astro B&S for the others. Have you any experience with Astro Hutech John?

Forgot to say thanks for the very informative review John,  It was very good :smiley:

Read your review John, I may get the 18mm BCO, and look on Astro B&S for the others. Have you any experience with Astro Hutech John?

Forgot to say thanks for the very informative review John,  It was very good :smiley:

Glad it was some help :smiley:

I've still got a number of the Astro Hutech orthos on loan plus some Baader Genuine Orthos. I can't tell the difference between them optically or between them and the Fujiyama orthos. The 6mm and 18mm Astro Hutech orthos reach focus around 8mm further out than the others in their range and the Baader GO's. The Fujiyamas match the focal position of the 6 and 18mm Astro Hutechs across their whole range. I'm not keen on the way the eye lens is positioned in the Astro Hutech and Fujiyama 25mm orthos because it means your eye needs to "hover" over the top of the eyepiece rather than rest lightly against it, which I find less than relaxing.

Glad it was some help :smiley:

it means your eye needs to "hover" over the top of the eyepiece rather than rest lightly against it, which I find less than relaxing.

Thanks John.. that is a good point to make, i prefer your view on this.. Thanks :smiley:

Archived