NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First experience of televue

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three? Only three?

Well of course, but where's the fun in that?

I only need one camera and a good zoom, but I've got three Nikon DSLRs, a  Nikon compact and a bag full of Nikkors, plus a Sony compact & a Canon A1 film SLR. Now that's fun! :D

Mike - Funny you should mention the "you only need 3 eyepieces" point - I've just read the same advice on the TeleVue website.....

I know, Mark, you are right. The revered Mr Nagler himself suggests that only three eyepieces cover all one's needs,

It must be a testament to the folly of man that I didn't heed his advice.

Or is it that tantalising mix of green and black, that purr others have mentioned, that wideness, that simple idea taken and made perfect, that ...

Well, you get my drift. And truth be told, you started this.

A straight question, Mark: did you really have an idea how this thread was going to run?

My first televue was a plossl 20mm bought in 1997... After that I told myself that I would have only bought the best I could afford! 

I think TV optics are superb. 

On the other hand, to me eye relief and a "moderate" (moderate nowadays..) fov of 60-70 degrees are much more important than ultra wide fov eps. I think Vixen (SLV at least) are extremely good and comfortable eyepieces. I suspect that Pentaxes XW are my ideal line (apart from their moderate weight).

Panoptic 24... well, I just love mine. I cannot say anything else apart from this!

Archived