Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ZWO ASI 120MM & PHD PROBLEMS

Coco

Hi.

Im having the same problem over the last three nights with my new ZWO ASI 120MM, my issue is that I cannot guide using the ST4 on the camera, in PHD the DEC redline falls off at about 20 degrees, guiding via through ST4 ASCOM driver wont work on both of my lap tops, I have double checked polar alignment and have come to the conclusion either the camera, cable or EQ6 board is faulty.. 

My guiding via eqmod/ascom is superb, the dec and Ra are like two dolphins skimming the sea surface..  :mrgreen: 

I really would like to use the ST4 cable directly to the EQ6 mount as its more portable for me using a little netbook..

Any help please

Thanks Louise, I followed these to the letter over and over to make sure my man brain didn't surface skim read :grin:

The guiding through USB/Mount works fine, I just cant get ST4 cable guiding working, hopefully I will borrow a QHy 5 this weeks and test it, the might isolate the camera as having an issue.

are you using the 'ASI ST4 Telescope Driver' for the mount choice, as in that tutorial ?  Works for me

Yes indeed, what happens is it either hangs and locks either laptop up or it goes about its usual ruitine but spends an aweful long time clearing DEC backlash, what I suspect is it fails

to clear dec and just guides in RA?  hence the slopey downward DEC line..

• 1 year later...

Going back to this topic, I gave up imaging/astronomy for 18 months, bought a motorbike and nearly sold the Astro kit,  I've re kindled my appetite for imaging but sadly this issue is unresolved, just wondered whether more imagers are using the ASI 120 and have any more solutions?  :( 

Archived