Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

dew heater bands

get the scope first, see how it fares. If/when it dews up, try a dew shield first (plenty of cheap homemade options), and cover your eyepieces/finders when not in use. If then you need heat to deal with dew, go for that option.

These are more designed for refractors and SCT/maks. Reflectors can suffer dew, normally on the secondary. First option is a dew shield, possibly home made with a camping mat. A quick blast with a cool hairdryer will also work. Standard dew straps won't help this much, you would need a heated pad behind the secondary mirror which I really wouldn't worry about for the moment.

As said above, save your money for the moment and see how you get on

On heavy dew nights I use one strap behind the secondary, another on the finder or around the paracorr next to eyepiece, only because have had a couple of nights end frustratingly early from dew!

Only once ever had primary dew up, but if that bad may as well end early!

Diy Neoprene dew shields also work well as prevention method, I've made one for 10" newt and the finder

Archived