Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dob shroud?

Scosmico

Almost in the right direction, but have a look at the Astrostrap dew shield for inspiration...http://www.astrozap.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=252

I made mine, as I have a sewing machine, access to free crinoline hoops and fabric. (therefore, all it cost was an hour and a half of my time)

The thing to remember is that every 10-12 inches or so, there needs to be a hoop of some kind (boning material from haberdasheries would do, or spring steel) to stop the fabric falling into the light path. The hoops do need to be a little wider than the OTA, say 15-20% wider, so you can slip it on and off. And ties should be attached so that you can secure the shroud to the poles...sew on some shoelaces, or something. Really depends on which brand of telescope you are wanting to add a shroud to.

To be honest, it's a bit tricky, a little time consuming, but if you have someone in your life who is handy with a sewing machine, it can be done....average price of an Astrozap about £60 (12 inch aperture) from the US, probably with shipping & customs, you're better off buying it from the UK...

Archived