Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

focal reducer for pst + point grey blackfly camera

msh1

Not sure its possible without cutting bits off your PST.

I have been trying the same thing. I have used a 0.5 Reducer and a low profile nose piece and I cannot get close to focus.

The trouble is all reducers move the focus point "in" and the PST isn't overly generous with infocus to start with.

I have read about some people that have trimmed the end of the eyepeice holder to get those extra cm's needed. But its something I'm not willing to do, so suggest you approach that solution with caution.

Cheers

Ant

Not sure its possible without cutting bits off your PST.

I have been trying the same thing. I have used a 0.5 Reducer and a low profile nose piece and I cannot get close to focus.

The trouble is all reducers move the focus point "in" and the PST isn't overly generous with infocus to start with.

I have read about some people that have trimmed the end of the eyepeice holder to get those extra cm's needed. But its something I'm not willing to do, so suggest you approach that solution with caution.

Cheers

Ant

ah well back to the drawing board thanks

mark

Archived