Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Losmandy Titan

Naf

G'day, doe's anyone own a Losmandy Titan Mount, if so How have you found it to be in tracking for AP and what have you mounted on it? Thanks and clear skies. :grin: :grin:

G'day, doe's anyone own a Losmandy Titan Mount, if so How have you found it to be in tracking for AP and what have you mounted on it? Thanks and clear skies. :grin: :grin:

I have one :)

I have a Gemini 1 equipped version, and it carries either an FLT110 + Tak FC60NZ, or an Orion optics SPX350 (14" newt). Tracking is good - after tuning the PEC, I get somewhere in the region of +/-1.5 arcsec periodic error. If there's anything else you need to know, then gimme a shout.

"Over here they're generally regarded as old technology"

What the mount? It's metal, worm and gears - they don't go out of date! The verison 2 Gemini controller (the controller moves the mount) is in production now, and even the version 1 after training tracks pretty much as well as any seeing you're likely to have in the UK . The best views I have ever had in astronomy were through an 8" f14 Cooke refractor built in 1864 - good gear doesn't become obsolete due to age!

Thanks for that Graeme, you sound like a happy owner of a Los Titan, I'm also looking at a Skywatcher EQ8, has interesting new features, and is significantely cheaper, so are they any owners here? Clear skies. :grin: :grin:

Archived