Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bobs Knobs

I have had my Meade 12" Lightbridge for a year now but have always found collimation a nightmare. The factory fitted primary mirror springs are much to weak resulting in the mirror not moving when the collimation screws are adjusted. With Kelling Heath coming up this next week I decided to get some Bob Knobs collimation screws and springs. With no UK dealer I ordered them directly from Bobs Knobs and they were delivered in just over a week (It was actually cheaper to buy them direct from Bobs Knobs than from Moonfish in Spain as the exchange rate was better pound to dollar than pound to euro).

The mod was easy to carryout and it has made it so much easier to collimate. I thoroughly recommend anyone who has a Lightbridge to carryout this mod.

Yep, 'Bob' is very prompt at sending stuff out.

Fitted 'Bob's Knobs' to both my previous scope (10" LX200GPS), and to the new 12" LX200R.

Such a simple solution to what can be a fiddly adjustment, and with an SCT, removes the danger of slipping with an Allen Key, and damaging the corrector plate.

Dave

Archived