Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New C11 edge

I just set up my new C11 edge. The first thing I looked at was Jupiter. The bands were clearly defined with some turbulence visible. The caps on the North and South areas of the planet were very easy to see along with some lesser banding around the planet. The red spot showed a lot of color and the elliptical shape and some texture around the spot were also visible. This all happened when Jupiter was 20 degrees above the horizon and the scopes collimation was a little off. Once I got the scope collimated I looked at the Orion Nebula and the stars contained. They looked more tighter than I have ever seen them in a SCT. It is obvious seeing was good tonight in my area but I am very impressed with this scope so far.

When seeing is good it is very very good in this area. When it is bad it is like looking for details at the bottom of a pool during a swim meet. I have not had my scope out of the rocky mountain area of the U.S. so I can't compare conditions to areas lower in altitude and higher in humidity. I could make a ton of money if I could export days with good seeing from here :laugh:

Archived