Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus in the south

Bugfly

Well happy when I saw Venus. Orion neb and Jupiter hope to see Mars soon along with Venus soon with the moon so had a good couple of hours to night 8inch dobs with wide lenes fist and down to 17 mm lens happy

Bugfly, Mars is close to Venus, just a little up and left ( technical terminology not!) for awhile, so if you're looking at Venus you should have no problem seeing Mars with your 8", or bins or... :)

thank you for you help

The Earthshine on the Moons surface is also very right tonight.....Its lovely to see all 3 in a row :smiley: I think we might have a nice clear Jupiter tonight also..... it looks pretty splendid already :laugh:

×1 on the Earthshine - lovely this evening, as indeed were Venus & Mars (via bins). As Uranus was also close to the Moon I tried for it with my Helios Quantum15×70, think I may have spotted it but unsure as it was very faint, more an averted vision possible than a clear hit (tho I confirmed the position in Sky Safari and Stellarium).

Had a good night with Venus and Mars and had a good look and juptier looking around not far from juptier I spoted four stars and what look like a smudge mark on a closer look my fist galxy we happy can any one tell what galxy this is thank you bugfly

Archived