Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Converted Full Spectrum camera - images red

vertigo262

I am still trying to figure some things out. I went out tonight taking some pictures doing exposure tests.

But I've been wondering why most of my images are red. and also, some of them I can't even edit the colors back into them.

I think the longer the exposure, the harder it gets to correct the red

do I need to calibrate the camera somehow? 

from camera

post-38374-0-37550800-1424270476_thumb.j

Streteched

post-38374-0-77768000-1424270528_thumb.j

Also make sure you retake all your flats. Onc eyou do that and restack your image with the new flats it should get rid of the red. A similar thing happens with a CLS filter as it tents the image blue. Taking new flats got rid of the problem.

You will definitely need an IR filter on a full spectrum modded camera, and as already said some LP filters with do the colour balancing for you, I use the AStronomik clip in one for the Canon cameras, and gives almost perfect colour balance, you can check by taking a daytime image with the filter in and one without, and you will see for yourself.

Regards

AB

Camera full spectrum modification makes your camera more sensitive for red color - what helps to catch Ha regions. All you need to do is color balance on your image. LP filter, like Idas D1 will help as well. 

I am using a UV ir cut filter, also, color balance? you mean on the camera, or in software? I tried in photoshop, I could not get rid of the red, it was too strong.

I will see what happens with a flat

Archived