SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Atik EFW1

Davey-T

Just dug out my old Atik EFW1 filter wheel, to have a pop at Jupiter now it's up at a sensible hour, but it won't connect, powers up and goes round when plugged in but doesn't connect in the filter wheel runner thingy that runs without Artemis Capture.

Have the latest all in one Artemis software downloaded that has a filter wheel application and an EFW2 extension and the EFW2 works OK.

Anybody got an EFW1 running on Win 8.1 ?

Will message Atik but may take a while to get a reply from them.

Dave

Just been messing about with the old Atik EFW1 filter wheel and ASCOM Diagnostic come up with a message "Incompatible Driver, ASCOM Atik Filter Wheel.                        64 bit Compatible Driver is only registered as 32 bit COM Driver, request updated installer from manufacturer.

I have registered DLLs manually in the past with a bit of faffing about and a lot of cursing, is it simply a matter of registering the driver and if so where is it ? 

Dave

Got driver for Filter Wheel Atik EFW1 from Atik, seems it got left out of the latest core software  download.

Device manager reports working OK and it appears to have 32bit and 64bit drivers installed but it will only work if I connect the 314L and start Artemis Capture, if I start the stand alone Filter Wheel runner it won't connect and gives error.

Unhandled Exception, retrieving COM class factory component with CLSID , failed due to error 80040154.

I want to use the FW as stand alone with PG B'Fly for planetary so not with Atik314L

Win 7 SP1 running on Bootcamp on MB Pro.

Any one offer any suggestions ?

Dave

Hi Steve, if I start Firecapture it recognises the filter wheel says it's connected and when I select a filter the little filter wheel icon goes round but the wheel doesn't move, am I missing something obvious ?

Dave

I guess you have intialised it in the settings and populated the slots

Yes done that, all seems fine just doesn't move when I click on a filter in Firecapture although the filter wheel icon at the bottom right goes round.

Dave

I downloaded the latest core software from Atik, everything except the original EFW worked, it appears they left out the USB driver for it, guess they thought nobody used them anymore'

As far as I'm aware the EFW2 doesn't have a driver from Atik as it uses the Windows HID driver.

Dave

Archived