Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Combining differently calibrated data

MattJenko

Hi,

My situation is that I have a decent set of data from one night's run, but am planning to do another evening on the same target. I will however be doing a new set of calibration frames for this (mainly flats as I have been messing around with the imaging train like removing the camera, cleaning the sensor etc).

How do you go about calibrating/stacking multiple light frames with different calibration frames. DSS makes everything so easy in the simple case that in a way I am cheating as I don't know exactly what is being done to my data behind the scenes and thus I don't know enough about its internal processing to know if I need to stack the 2 nights frames separately and the stack the 2 resulting images, or if there is some way of having each light frame use it's own defined calibration frames.

This might be my opportunity to take on calibrating in PixInsight, but have a feeling I need to walk with that side of PI before I start running.

Bit confused,

Matt

put one sub in main group any sup will do as you not going to use it"

next  put last years data in group 1 that every thing lights darks ect.

group 2 same as group 1 with this years data.

Check all and then uncheck the odd sup in the main group,

this will do all light darks ect for each year and then put it all in one for you .

its done this way so it use only the data from each year so darks from year 1 will only go with year 1 ect.

Archived