NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

recommended ratio of Ha, OIII, SII subs

peroni

qq today...

I recently finished (maybe) my first narrowband target. I shot the following 15mins exposures using Baader filters

2.5 hours Ha
3.5 hours OIII
4 hours SII
Is there a recommended ratio to obtain for Ha, OIII, SII?

I remember asking this some time ago when I started narrowband imaging. The consensus was that there isn't a one size fits all ratio, but that you can never have enough of any of it :)

To this end I generally aim for one night on each, then add to it if I feel its needed.

it depends on the target and what its strong in, I dont htink there is a generic 1 fits all ratio.

I remember asking this some time ago when I started narrowband imaging. The consensus was that there isn't a one size fits all ratio, but that you can never have enough of any of it :)

To this end I generally aim for one night on each, then add to it if I feel its needed.

Excellent, thanks for that. My rough plan was also to use 1 filter per session. Ha turned out to be shorter this time round as it was the first time I'd used CCD and filters. Onwards and upwards  :grin:

My NB filters are getting delivered tomorrow, with the hopes that this weekend will provide us with no clouds......

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but is there any useful tips? Borrowed a CCD and going to get my hands on a ED80. 

My NB filters are getting delivered tomorrow, with the hopes that this weekend will provide us with no clouds......

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but is there any useful tips? Borrowed a CCD and going to get my hands on a ED80. 

I think you've just hijacked this thread  :grin:

You'll get more advice if you raise your question as a separate post.

Archived