Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Photographic tripod for scope

I've had a search on the forums and internet and not really found a decent answer.

I've just bought a 130p Heritage and was wondering what I'd need to go about mounting it on my Manfrotto tripod.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:353135 I think this is basically what I want, but obviously that's a 3d printing file and can't really find any commercial versions of it.

Any ideas would be great, thanks!

Am pretty sure the camera shop near where I work sell something like what you need, will pop in tomorrow and find out what it is and if it will do it,  unfortunately its an old fashioned kind of place, and does not have an online presence

Am pretty sure the camera shop near where I work sell something like what you need, will pop in tomorrow and find out what it is and if it will do it,  unfortunately its an old fashioned kind of place, and does not have an online presence

Ah excellent, I'd appreciate that very much.

What model MF tripod do you have? The dynamics of a telescope are different to a camera+lens. I'm just wondering about stability when trying to observe because obviously you can't throw a fast time capture eyeball/brain shutter speed into the mix.

its called a visionary L Bracket, will mount on any tripod,   google should find it for you,

You may need to change the bolt that would normally hold the camera to whatever size fits the scope though

I'll have a google, cheers again for looking!

What model MF tripod do you have? The dynamics of a telescope are different to a camera+lens. I'm just wondering about stability when trying to observe because obviously you can't throw a fast time capture eyeball/brain shutter speed into the mix.

It's the 190XPROB. I might just get a height adjustable bar stool like: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60155602/ for the time being.

Archived