Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

5 metre USB2 extension booster cable and ZWO ASI120MC camera

alcol620

Hi folks

Anyone had any success when using a 5m usb high speed active repeater extension cable when using it as a guide camera using PHD software? I think I read somewhere that you shouldn't use extension cables with the ZWO.

Thanks for looking

Alec

couldn`t get my zwo 120 mono to work at all with a 5 meter active cable, didn`t like the powered usb hub either.

really wanted to use the camera as a planetary camera and a guide camera so i was getting cheesed off as i thought i might have to buy another guide camera,

but what i did try and it worked for me was i bought a 5 meter extension cable of e bay, not active just usb male one end and female the other for £1.69 which covered the distance to my obsy pier, i then plugged in a 1.2 meter usb printer cable into that and it runs fine, i`m using an old hp microtower pc in the obsy with xp on it and i`m still getting 17 fps on full chip size mode using firecapture 2.

Archived