Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC410 The tadpole nebula in Ha and Hubble palette

Dave Smith

The Ha was taken on the night of 6/7 Jan 2015 and consists of 27 x 600s
The Oiii and Sii were taken on the night of 10/11 Jan and each consist of 10 x 600s binned 2 x 2.
These are all with my Megrez 90 and Atik 460EX and Astrodon filters.

There is still an issue with the corner stars and so I will have to revert to using a FF/FR.

IC410Ha02.jpg

IC410-HST-03.jpg

Dave

That's a nice image with plenty of detail in the Ha. The addition of the S and O has however significantly increased the size of the stars. Still a nice shot though.

Well spotted Freddie, that is because when I processed the Ha image I did the stars and nebula separately but forgot to do the same with the hubble version :embarrassed:

I will re-do that.

Dave

Hi Dave - A lovely capture with some very nice contrast...  :smiley:.

One comment on the star shapes though - It could be me, but the main problems appear to be top left and, to a lesser degree, bottom right... but the stars in the other 2 corners look pretty good...  I might therefore put this down to a slight tilt rather than a flat-field issue...?  Just a thought...

Hi Dave - A lovely capture with some very nice contrast...  :smiley:.

One comment on the star shapes though - It could be me, but the main problems appear to be top left and, to a lesser degree, bottom right... but the stars in the other 2 corners look pretty good...  I might therefore put this down to a slight tilt rather than a flat-field issue...?  Just a thought...

Thanks Andy for your comment and helpful suggestion. I did have a tilt problem but don't think it is that now - if I am interpreting the CCDinspector analysis correctly that has now more or less been removed. One problem in analysing the above image is that it has been asymmetrically cropped.

Love those colours!

Thank you.

Dave 

That's a nice image with plenty of detail in the Ha. The addition of the S and O has however significantly increased the size of the stars. Still a nice shot though.

I have tried to reprocess this again to get smaller stars and did succeed with the stars but couldn't get the same colour balance, so I have taken this as an opportunity to try out StarShrink on the above version.

Here is the result.

IC410-HST-04.jpg

Dave

Archived